The following are ten ways to transform your life towards living your life in a more positive way, which in turn will bring you more fulfillment in your life! Read through this list and see how well you’re doing with them. If there’s one that stands out to you, try to focus on that one more fully. Maybe you want to write this list down and place it somewhere that is easily visible to be a reminder. I would love to hear how it goes!
1) Practice Gratitude – Start with an awareness of what you have! If you are not grateful for the good that is in your life at present, you will never be satisfied. Don’t get me wrong, you can acknowledge the not-so-great parts, but you also need to be grateful for the hardships, the obstacles, the failures. Why? Because these are the points of wisdom in your life. They give you strength, they teach you how to persevere, and they form your resilience. Being thankful for every step makes life’s hardships worth it. All of this is the foundation of optimism; take the good with the bad, and know that it is all shaping you to be an individual with a unique purpose and story.
2) Share You Stories – When we share about our trials and triumphs with another individual, we are creating connection, community and a support. When we share our stories, we find common ground, we learn, we grow. We share information that can spur us onward and give each other hope!
3) Forgive – This one may be a hard pill to swallow. But forgiving frees up space in you to not hold onto past wrongs, and make room for healing to flow in and through you. Gripping tightly to unforgiveness impedes your moving forward in a positive and healthy way.
4) Be a Good Listener – When you listen, you make yourself available to take in more knowledge versus blocking the world with your words or your distracting thoughts. Listening gives value to another and shows your respect for others. Knowledge and confidence is proof that you are secure and positive with yourself thus radiating positivity.
5) Keep Envy and Jealousy at Bay – Instead, celebrate others wins and successes. The energy will be contagious rather than cutting. Feed off of others positivity by keeping comparison far from you.
6) Smile More – Try it! Smiling and happiness releases Seratonin (the Happy Hormone), which will have a positive effect on you and others.
7) Exercise, Eat Well and Take in Vitamin D – Every little bit counts! Are there times when you can walk instead of drive? Take the stairs? Exercise can take as little as 10 minutes at high intensity, yet can make an enormous difference in your life. If sunlight is not an option for you, talk to your doctor about Vitamin D supplements.
8) Be a Positive and Forward Thinker – Positive forward thinking is the ability to find the silver lining in every cloud, apply it to today and be hopeful for tomorrow. Imagine surgery; you think the worse and can’t wait for it to be over. Scoop up all of that and start visualizing the end result of the surgery and your motivation for it. The goal is good, it’s only today that may seem rough. Positively thinking about the result has an effect on the healing process.
9) Stop Blaming Others – Accept who you are and where you are in life. You have a choice. Accepting responsibility and taking control of your steps forward puts you in a position of operating with purpose and positivity.
10) Your Past is Not a Blueprint for Your Future! – Believe it.